Audio Problem - Hardware

This is a discussion on Audio Problem - Hardware ; Hello I have installed debian testing 64 bit for AMD, but my asrock am2nf3-vsta have a sound chipset CM6501 and alsa not work. Thanks and Regards...

  1. Audio Problem

    Hello

    I have installed debian testing 64 bit for AMD, but my asrock
    am2nf3-vsta have a sound chipset CM6501 and alsa not work.

    Thanks and Regards

  2. Re: Audio Problem

    On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:55:47 GMT, Defected wrote:

    >Hello

    >I have installed debian testing 64 bit for AMD, but my asrock
    >am2nf3-vsta have a sound chipset CM6501 and alsa not work.

    What driver are you using? I did a quick search for CM6501 and alsa and
    saw a link mentioning that you need to use the snd-usb-audio driver and
    that there are problems with alsa 1.0.13 but full support in 1.0.14.

    If you have free slots, the easiest solution might be to toss in a cheap
    sound card.

+ Reply to Thread