Does the AMD Athlon XP 1800+ have NX support? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Does the AMD Athlon XP 1800+ have NX support? - Hardware ; I've been looking around for an answer and haven't seen one anywhere. I guess if all else fails I could just write a dumb program and try to overrun a buffer, and change it's return address and see if it ...

  1. Does the AMD Athlon XP 1800+ have NX support?

    I've been looking around for an answer and haven't seen one anywhere.
    I guess if all else fails I could just write a dumb program and try to
    overrun a buffer, and change it's return address and see if it
    works....but I'd rather not.

    I'm running Linux so yes, my operating system does support the use of
    this feature if it is available.

    Thanks

    -Trix

  2. Re: Does the AMD Athlon XP 1800+ have NX support?

    No.

    - anton