    Optional:
    - plays bitmapped sound, records what the caller says, and hangs up
    afterward, like an answering machine

    #1 alone is easy; I have a modem that does that. #2 alone is easy;
    TeleZappers do it. How about both? Also, if it does #3, I don't need
    #2.

    Has anyone done this? Does such a device even exist? Windows-only or
    Mac-only is effectively "not existing", although maybe I could be
    persuaded to run an emulator if strongly convinced and the software
    can be run unattended. A full voice-mail kit is probably overkill.

    They that can give up essential liberty to
    obtain a little temporary safety deserve
    neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin

  2. Re: telephony device

    Hactar wrote:
    > I'd like a device that:
    > - reports the Caller-ID information when it's sent, like a modem
    > - plays CG tones, like a TeleZapper
    > - plays bitmapped sound, records what the caller says, and hangs up
    > afterward, like an answering machine

    This might be close to what you want....
    http://www.linuxtoys.org/answer/answering_machine.html

    Bob

  3. Re: telephony device

    In article <460C848C.5020400@linuxtoys.org>,
    Bob Smith wrote:
    > Hactar wrote:
    > > I'd like a device that:
    > > - reports the Caller-ID information when it's sent, like a modem
    > > - plays CG tones, like a TeleZapper
    > > - plays bitmapped sound, records what the caller says, and hangs up
    > > afterward, like an answering machine

    > This might be close to what you want....
    > http://www.linuxtoys.org/answer/answering_machine.html

    Yup, looks like that'll do. Thanks.

    --
    -eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP http://royalty.mine.nu:81
    CANCER: The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the

  4. Re: telephony device

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > Hactar wrote:
    >> I'd like a device that:
    >> - reports the Caller-ID information when it's sent, like a modem
    >> - plays CG tones, like a TeleZapper
    >> - plays bitmapped sound, records what the caller says, and hangs up
    >> afterward, like an answering machine

    > This might be close to what you want....
    > http://www.linuxtoys.org/answer/answering_machine.html
    >

    > Bob

    Looks good.
    Is there something comparable in VoIP SIP softphones
    --
    Marc

+ Reply to Thread