Q about samba connection from XP - Hardware

This is a discussion on Q about samba connection from XP - Hardware ; Hello When I am connected to a remote samba server from Xp how can I disconnect and reconnect to this server as another samba user (for another shares) (securely and completely disconnect ) thank you...

  1. Q about samba connection from XP

    Hello

    When I am connected to a remote samba server from Xp how can I disconnect
    and reconnect to this server as another samba user (for another shares)
    (securely and completely disconnect )

    thank you

  2. Re: Q about samba connection from XP

    serge_moscou wrote:

    > When I am connected to a remote samba server from XP how can I disconnect
    > and reconnect to this server as another samba user (for another shares)
    > (securely and completely disconnect )

    The file /etc/samba/smbusers is used to map Windows usernames to Unix usernames
    as follows:

    unixuser = winuser

    You just add an entry for each XP username, and then as you switch users on
    your XP machine, you will reconnect to the samba server as a different samba
    users.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
    International: 0044 121 247 1596

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  3. Re: Q about samba connection from XP

    serge_moscou wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > When I am connected to a remote samba server from Xp how can I disconnect
    > and reconnect to this server as another samba user (for another shares)
    > (securely and completely disconnect )

    afaik you cannot really disconnect. but you can specify a user for the
    connection, if you connect the share to a drive letter.

    --
    Sorry for the fake e-mail address, you need to remove ".NO" and "SPAM."
    before sending me any mails...

+ Reply to Thread