New release of sys_basher (Free system exerciser tool) - Hardware

This is a discussion on New release of sys_basher (Free system exerciser tool) - Hardware ; I've put a new release of sys_basher on the web. The major new feature of this release is temperature logging. Sys_basher now displays the CPU and system temperatures after each test and the maximum temperatures after all of the tests ...

  1. New release of sys_basher (Free system exerciser tool)

    I've put a new release of sys_basher on the web. The major new feature of
    this release is temperature logging. Sys_basher now displays the CPU and
    system temperatures after each test and the maximum temperatures after
    all of the tests have completed. I've also added limited Cygwin support
    so it's now possible to run sys_basher on Windows systems as well a Linux
    systems. The Cygwin version is limited to 1 thread and does not support
    temperature logging or disk I/O.

    Sys_basher is a multithreaded system exerciser which tests memory,
    floating point and disk I/O. In addition to testing the reliability of
    the system it also provides performance information. On *NIX systems that
    support pthreads, sys_basher can run from 1 to 256 simultaneous threads.
    On Cygwin it's single threaded.

    Sys_basher is open source and is licensed under the BSD.

    http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/

  2. Re: New release of sys_basher (Free system exerciser tool)

    B. Joshua Rosen wrote:

    > I've put a new release of sys_basher on the web.

    [snip]

    It compiles and runs without error on my system. Sempron 2800+,
    ASUS K8V-VM motherboard.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  3. Re: New release of sys_basher (Free system exerciser tool)

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:35:33 +1100, Peter D. wrote:

    > B. Joshua Rosen wrote:
    >
    >> I've put a new release of sys_basher on the web.

    > [snip]
    >
    > It compiles and runs without error on my system. Sempron 2800+, ASUS
    > K8V-VM motherboard.

    Do the sensor readings look correct to you?

    Is there anything you would like me to add to the program?

  4. Re: New release of sys_basher (Free system exerciser tool)

    B. Joshua Rosen wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:35:33 +1100, Peter D. wrote:
    >
    >> B. Joshua Rosen wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've put a new release of sys_basher on the web.

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> It compiles and runs without error on my system. Sempron 2800+, ASUS
    >> K8V-VM motherboard.
    >>

    > Do the sensor readings look correct to you?

    I'll email you a log file, then you can tell me if it looks correct.

    > Is there anything you would like me to add to the program?

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

+ Reply to Thread