pcmcia to ide 16bit card - Hardware

This is a discussion on pcmcia to ide 16bit card - Hardware ; hello I'd like to be able to use a pcmcia to ide adapter (16bit) with an old P133 notebook where I installed slackware 11 with full pcmcia support. I have not tried yet the card. I'd like to ask what ...

  1. pcmcia to ide 16bit card

    hello

    I'd like to be able to use a pcmcia to ide adapter (16bit)

    with an old P133 notebook where I installed slackware 11 with full pcmcia

    support. I have not tried yet the card.

    I'd like to ask what should I check to see if my card is recognised /or not
    recognized/

    What should I see when having inserted the card I reboot the system.

    And then if the card is recognezed alright what will be my ext hd?

    Thank you

  2. Re: pcmcia to ide 16bit card

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:16:22 +0300, "serge_moscou" wrote:

    >What should I see when having inserted the card I reboot the system.
    >
    >And then if the card is recognezed alright what will be my ext hd?

    Probably /dev/hdc Try 'fdisk -l' with the card plugged in

    Grant.
    --
    http://bugsplatter.mine.nu/

+ Reply to Thread