Q about adsl - Hardware

This is a discussion on Q about adsl - Hardware ; Hello when i'm connected to the Internet via ADSL modem How can I know my computers adress? The dynamic adress given by my provider....

  1. Q about adsl

    Hello

    when i'm connected to the Internet via ADSL modem

    How can I know my computers adress?

    The dynamic adress given by my provider.

  2. Re: Q about adsl

    serge_moscou a écrit :
    > Hello
    >
    > when i'm connected to the Internet via ADSL modem
    >
    > How can I know my computers adress?
    >
    > The dynamic adress given by my provider.

    You are here: http://www.ip-adress.com/

  3. Re: Q about adsl

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:42:03 +0100, Thierry MERLE wrote:
    > serge_moscou a écrit :
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> when i'm connected to the Internet via ADSL modem
    >>
    >> How can I know my computers adress?
    >>
    >> The dynamic adress given by my provider.
    >>

    > You are here: http://www.ip-adress.com/

    I hacked out a script for this. (Re)working the following may serve your
    needs:
    |#!/bin/sh
    |echo -n ' PC ip: ' && /sbin/ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:' | \
    | grep -v '127.0.0.' | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d' ' -f1
    |echo -n 'Net ip: ' && \
    | wget -O- http://cfaj.freeshell.org/ipaddr.cgi 2>/dev/null

    The output from your ifconfig may be formatted differently than mine:

    |$ /sbin/ifconfig --version
    |net-tools 1.60
    |ifconfig 1.42 (2001-04-13)

    .... thus the (possible) need for reworking the first piece of the
    script. (I know the ifconfig on my ISP's FreeBSD shell is WAY different
    than this MDK workstation.)

    HTH
    Jonesy
    --