tool for getting mb-information? - Hardware

This is a discussion on tool for getting mb-information? - Hardware ; Is there a tool for linux to find out which motherboard the actual machine has? The machine is located 100s miles from here and I would prefer a software-solution to the problems of downtime and instructions. The machine runs a ...

  1. tool for getting mb-information?

    Is there a tool for linux to find out which motherboard the actual machine has?
    The machine is located 100s miles from here and I would prefer a
    software-solution to the problems of downtime and instructions. The machine runs
    a 2.4.32-kernel and no X.

    thnx,
    peter

  2. Re: tool for getting mb-information?

    peter pilsl staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > Is there a tool for linux to find out which motherboard [a] machine
    > has?

    dmidecode may be what you're looking for.

    --
    I think, therefore I am.
    ...how the @#$%^ did *you* get here?

  3. Re: tool for getting mb-information?

    peter pilsl wrote:

    > Is there a tool for linux to find out which motherboard the actual machine
    > has? The machine is located 100s miles from here and I would prefer a
    > software-solution to the problems of downtime and instructions. The
    > machine runs a 2.4.32-kernel and no X.

    lshw? (LiSt HardWare.)

    --
    sig goes here...