mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card - Hardware

This is a discussion on mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card - Hardware ; picked up a cheapie phillips-SAA7134-based tv capture card and got it to work using # modprobe saa7134 card=3 tuner=39 then, putting the following into ~/.mplayer/config tv=driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:fps=25:chanlist=us-bcast:\ channel=4:norm=4:audiorate=32000:adevice=/dev/dsp:input=0:\ amode=1:immediatemode=0:volume=100:width=640:heigh t=480: and using # mplayer -vf pp=md,crop=624:400:0:0 tv:// i'm able to watch ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card

  1. mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card


    picked up a cheapie phillips-SAA7134-based tv capture card and
    got it to work using

    # modprobe saa7134 card=3 tuner=39

    then, putting the following into ~/.mplayer/config

    tv=driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:fps=25:chanlist=us-bcast:\
    channel=4:norm=4:audiorate=32000:adevice=/dev/dsp:input=0:\
    amode=1:immediatemode=0:volume=100:width=640:heigh t=480:

    and using

    # mplayer -vf pp=md,crop=624:400:0:0 tv://

    i'm able to watch tv, but not in color. "tvtime" displays in color,
    but "mplayer" does not.

    has anybody run into this before? is this a hardware issue?

    thanks,
    reid

  2. Re: mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card

    Reid Fleming writes:

    > picked up a cheapie phillips-SAA7134-based tv capture card and
    > got it to work using
    >
    > # modprobe saa7134 card=3 tuner=39
    >
    > then, putting the following into ~/.mplayer/config
    >
    > tv=driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:fps=25:chanlist=us-bcast:\
    > channel=4:norm=4:audiorate=32000:adevice=/dev/dsp:input=0:\
    > amode=1:immediatemode=0:volume=100:width=640:heigh t=480:
    >
    > and using
    >
    > # mplayer -vf pp=md,crop=624:400:0:0 tv://
    >
    > i'm able to watch tv, but not in color. "tvtime" displays in color,
    > but "mplayer" does not.
    >
    > has anybody run into this before? is this a hardware issue?


    Lack of color is a common result of incorrect parameters being set.
    Choosing the wrong one of PAL or NTSC is one thing that can cause this
    effect.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mans@mansr.com

  3. Re: mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card


    thank you! changing the framerate to 30 fps cleared up the
    lack-of-color problem, but now the sound is horribly garbled.
    any suggestions on fixing that?

    On 2007-03-10, Måns Rullgård wrote:
    > Reid Fleming writes:
    >
    >> picked up a cheapie phillips-SAA7134-based tv capture card and
    >> got it to work using
    >>
    >> # modprobe saa7134 card=3 tuner=39
    >>
    >> then, putting the following into ~/.mplayer/config
    >>
    >> tv=driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:fps=25:chanlist=us-bcast:\
    >> channel=4:norm=4:audiorate=32000:adevice=/dev/dsp:input=0:\
    >> amode=1:immediatemode=0:volume=100:width=640:heigh t=480:
    >>
    >> and using
    >>
    >> # mplayer -vf pp=md,crop=624:400:0:0 tv://
    >>
    >> i'm able to watch tv, but not in color. "tvtime" displays in color,
    >> but "mplayer" does not.
    >>
    >> has anybody run into this before? is this a hardware issue?

    >
    > Lack of color is a common result of incorrect parameters being set.
    > Choosing the wrong one of PAL or NTSC is one thing that can cause this
    > effect.
    >


  4. Re: mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card

    In article ,
    Reid Fleming wrote:

    >thank you! changing the framerate to 30 fps cleared up the
    >lack-of-color problem, but now the sound is horribly garbled.
    >any suggestions on fixing that?


    You might want to check (or ask on) the Video 4 Linux
    mailing list:

    http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/

  5. Re: mplayer won't let me watch tv in color from saa7134 tv capture card


    Once again, it's a problem-between-the-chair-and-the-keyboard.
    Should have read the man page for mplayer more closely, was using
    "immediatemode=0" instead of "immediatemode=1". Sound works fine
    now.

    Thanks for your help everybody!

    On 2007-03-11, ellis@no.spam () wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Reid Fleming wrote:
    >
    >>thank you! changing the framerate to 30 fps cleared up the
    >>lack-of-color problem, but now the sound is horribly garbled.
    >>any suggestions on fixing that?

    >
    > You might want to check (or ask on) the Video 4 Linux
    > mailing list:
    >
    > http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/


+ Reply to Thread