seeking recommendations for a HDTV card... - Hardware

This is a discussion on seeking recommendations for a HDTV card... - Hardware ; I'm seeking recommendations for a HDTV card. Using Fedora Core 6 (i386) with AMD64x2. Thanks, -Art- (not Art)...

  1. seeking recommendations for a HDTV card...

    I'm seeking recommendations for a HDTV card.
    Using Fedora Core 6 (i386) with AMD64x2.

    Thanks,
    -Art- (not Art)

  2. Re: seeking recommendations for a HDTV card...

    art2u wrote:

    > I'm seeking recommendations for a HDTV card.
    > Using Fedora Core 6 (i386) with AMD64x2.

    What country are you in? Germany? Different countries use
    different HDTV standards, and different cards. I think that
    Germany uses dvb-t, but it might pay to ask a German language
    group.

    Do you want an internal PCI card? An external USB dongle?

    Point your browser at http://linuxtv.org/ for some background
    information.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  3. Re: seeking recommendations for a HDTV card...

    art2u wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:30:12 +1100, Peter D. wrote:
    >
    >> art2u wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm seeking recommendations for a HDTV card. Using Fedora Core 6 (i386)
    >>> with AMD64x2.

    >> What country are you in? Germany? Different countries use different
    >> HDTV standards, and different cards. I think that Germany uses dvb-t,
    >> but it might pay to ask a German language group.
    >>
    >> Do you want an internal PCI card? An external USB dongle?
    >>
    >> Point your browser at http://linuxtv.org/ for some background
    >> information.
    >>

    > USA NTSC; either/or PCI, USB....

    At the NTLUG Linux Fair this past weekend, Rick Cook was showing
    off the Happauge WinTV-HVR-950. It's a very small device
    that connects via USB and has a digital antenna for ATSC/NTSC.
    He was showing it via Kaffeine's TV tuner. Reception in the
    facility was a bit spotty, but he says normally it is quite
    clear.

+ Reply to Thread