Watchdog card - Hardware

This is a discussion on Watchdog card - Hardware ; Hi, Does anyone know where one could get a cheapish PCI watchdog card for my server? It keeps randomly hanging, often when there is no-one around to reboot it manually. Actually if anyone has any hints on how to debug ...

  1. Watchdog card

    Hi,

    Does anyone know where one could get a cheapish PCI watchdog card for my
    server? It keeps randomly hanging, often when there is no-one around to
    reboot it manually.

    Actually if anyone has any hints on how to debug this it'd be great
    too It's a Gentoo box mainly for running MythTV and when it hangs it
    becomes totally unresponsive and the video output stops too. I suspect
    it could be the graphics drivers but it could well be one of the other
    drivers or even a hardware fault (temps are fine), impossible to tell.

    Thanks,

    Peter.

  2. Re: Watchdog card

    Peter Spikings wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know where one could get a cheapish PCI watchdog card for my
    > server? It keeps randomly hanging, often when there is no-one around to
    > reboot it manually.
    >
    > Actually if anyone has any hints on how to debug this it'd be great
    > too It's a Gentoo box mainly for running MythTV and when it hangs it
    > becomes totally unresponsive and the video output stops too. I suspect
    > it could be the graphics drivers but it could well be one of the other
    > drivers or even a hardware fault (temps are fine), impossible to tell.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter.

    What motherboard?

    Cheers

    Tim

  3. Re: Watchdog card

    On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 21:51 +0000, Tim S wrote:
    > Peter Spikings wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where one could get a cheapish PCI watchdog card for my
    > > server? It keeps randomly hanging, often when there is no-one around to
    > > reboot it manually.
    > >
    > > Actually if anyone has any hints on how to debug this it'd be great
    > > too It's a Gentoo box mainly for running MythTV and when it hangs it
    > > becomes totally unresponsive and the video output stops too. I suspect
    > > it could be the graphics drivers but it could well be one of the other
    > > drivers or even a hardware fault (temps are fine), impossible to tell.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Peter.

    > What motherboard?

    It's a cheap SIS one, no matter however.... I noticed last night that
    when it crashed the noise of the fans simultaneously dropped
    significantly so I went straight out to buy a new PSU which seems to
    have sorted it.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

+ Reply to Thread