Hyper Threading - Hardware

This is a discussion on Hyper Threading - Hardware ; Hello. I've a Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO D 1840W. Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 with 128 Mb of RAM. I've installed Fedora Core 5. I'm experiencing problem with Hyper Threading, I think. For each kernel ...

  1. Hyper Threading

    Hello.

    I've a Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO D 1840W.
    Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 with 128 Mb
    of RAM.

    I've installed Fedora Core 5.

    I'm experiencing problem with Hyper Threading, I think.
    For each kernel relase, yum installs a SMP and a non-SMP version.
    I can run the non-SMP version, but I think I don't get Hyper
    Threading:

    [root@localhost ~]# egrep ht /proc/cpuinfo
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
    cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
    xtpr
    [root@localhost ~]# dmesg | grep -i CPU#
    Initializing CPU#0
    Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#0.
    [root@localhost ~]#

    If I choose the SMP kernel in the grub menu, the systems starts to
    boot but it hangs when starting the services. It doesn't seem to
    depend on a particular service.

    Any suggestion?

  2. Re: Hyper Threading

    On Mar 6, 7:31 am, "Vend" wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I've a Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO D 1840W.
    > Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 with 128 Mb
    > of RAM.
    >
    > I've installed Fedora Core 5.
    >
    > I'm experiencing problem with Hyper Threading, I think.
    > For each kernel relase, yum installs a SMP and a non-SMP version.
    > I can run the non-SMP version, but I think I don't get Hyper
    > Threading:
    >
    > [root@localhost ~]# egrep ht /proc/cpuinfo
    > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
    > cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
    > xtpr
    > [root@localhost ~]# dmesg | grep -i CPU#
    > Initializing CPU#0
    > Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#0.
    > [root@localhost ~]#
    >
    > If I choose the SMP kernel in the grub menu, the systems starts to
    > boot but it hangs when starting the services. It doesn't seem to
    > depend on a particular service.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    test FC6 :^)

+ Reply to Thread