wireless cams' possibilities - Hardware

This is a discussion on wireless cams' possibilities - Hardware ; I know there are wireless Internet cams with "built-in" web serves that send you deltas if changes in the capture (motions) are detected ~ I was wondering if anyone has used Linux to remotely operate a number of them pointing ...

  1. wireless cams' possibilities

    I know there are wireless Internet cams with "built-in" web serves
    that send you deltas if changes in the capture (motions) are detected
    ~
    I was wondering if anyone has used Linux to remotely operate a number
    of them pointing in a direction and changing it, zooming in and out,
    graduating the sound, streaming all the data to files ...
    ~
    I think that is possible. Do you know of any such project?
    ~
    lbrtchx

  2. Re: wireless cams' possibilities

    On 4 Mar 2007 09:08:49 -0800, lbrtchx@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I know there are wireless Internet cams with "built-in" web serves
    >that send you deltas if changes in the capture (motions) are detected
    >~
    > I was wondering if anyone has used Linux to remotely operate a number
    >of them pointing in a direction and changing it, zooming in and out,
    >graduating the sound, streaming all the data to files ...
    >~
    > I think that is possible. Do you know of any such project?
    >~
    > lbrtchx

    If it is a web interface, it would be trivial to write a small program
    that would send the correct commands to the web interface using libwww
    in python, or even wget. Streaming to a file shouldn't be too hard -
    use wget.

+ Reply to Thread