Installation FC6 stops at X:-((( - Hardware

This is a discussion on Installation FC6 stops at X:-((( - Hardware ; Hello I downloaded FC6 images and tried to install The installation starts Ok. Loading SCsi drivers ... this and that .... then the video card detection ...the card is detected I can see it My FX5700 .... then it tries ...

  1. Installation FC6 stops at X:-(((

    Hello

    I downloaded FC6 images
    and tried to install

    The installation starts Ok. Loading SCsi drivers ... this and that ....
    then the video card detection ...the card is detected I can see it My FX5700
    then it tries to launch X ... and a cross (X mouse pointer) appears and I
    can move it across the screen
    which remains black :-((( and it never goes any further. CdRom stops
    running. and I'm with black screen and a cross on it.
    No installation.

    I tried on another computer - all the same.

    I think may be my screen is a problem? It's acer al 2021 LCD.

    What can I do?

    Thank you

  2. Re: Installation FC6 stops at X:-(((

    serge wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I downloaded FC6 images
    > and tried to install
    >
    > The installation starts Ok. Loading SCsi drivers ... this and that ....
    > then the video card detection ...the card is detected I can see it My FX5700
    > then it tries to launch X ... and a cross (X mouse pointer) appears and I
    > can move it across the screen
    > which remains black :-((( and it never goes any further. CdRom stops
    > running. and I'm with black screen and a cross on it.
    > No installation.
    >
    > I tried on another computer - all the same.
    >
    > I think may be my screen is a problem? It's acer al 2021 LCD.
    >
    > What can I do?
    >
    > Thank you

    1. Aside from the screen, what other hardware are you using?
    Motherboard for example, please? Fedora Core makes a lot of heavy
    demands on all the equipment.

    2. Did you test the CDs before you tried installing? If you did that
    is also relevant.

  3. Re: Installation FC6 stops at X:-(((

    serge wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I downloaded FC6 images
    > and tried to install
    >
    > The installation starts Ok. Loading SCsi drivers ... this and that ....
    > then the video card detection ...the card is detected I can see it My FX5700
    > then it tries to launch X ... and a cross (X mouse pointer) appears and I
    > can move it across the screen
    > which remains black :-((( and it never goes any further. CdRom stops
    > running. and I'm with black screen and a cross on it.
    > No installation.
    >
    > I tried on another computer - all the same.
    >
    > I think may be my screen is a problem? It's acer al 2021 LCD.
    >
    > What can I do?

    Hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 then cycle through the vt's with Alt-F2, Alt-F3 etc
    looking at the messages on the screens. Maybe there'll be something
    illustrative there.

  4. Re: Installation FC6 stops at X:-(((

    serge wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I downloaded FC6 images
    > and tried to install
    >
    > The installation starts Ok. Loading SCsi drivers ... this and that ....
    > then the video card detection ...the card is detected I can see it My FX5700
    > then it tries to launch X ... and a cross (X mouse pointer) appears and I
    > can move it across the screen
    > which remains black :-((( and it never goes any further. CdRom stops
    > running. and I'm with black screen and a cross on it.
    > No installation.
    >
    > I tried on another computer - all the same.
    >
    > I think may be my screen is a problem? It's acer al 2021 LCD.
    >
    > What can I do?

    Install using matrox g200/400/450 or something else then works
    then you can spend thev rest of your life trying to figure out
    what's wrong with the nvidia driver.

+ Reply to Thread