Which USB WLAN adapter? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Which USB WLAN adapter? - Hardware ; Which USB WLAN adapter is my best choice for a software AP? I'm currently using a Zyxel G-220 based on the Zydas ZD1211, but it has some driver issues that doesn't seem like they are going to be fixed anytime ...

  1. Which USB WLAN adapter?

    Which USB WLAN adapter is my best choice for a software AP? I'm currently
    using a Zyxel G-220 based on the Zydas ZD1211, but it has some driver
    issues that doesn't seem like they are going to be fixed anytime soon.

    Crossposted in c.o.l.hardware and c.o.l.networking with FUT to
    c.o.l.hardware.

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

  2. Re: Which USB WLAN adapter?

    Hi,
    I have a USB-stick with a RaLink chip,and it works pretty fine under Linux.
    But I haven't tested it as an AP.

    Lasse Jensen wrote:

    > Which USB WLAN adapter is my best choice for a software AP? I'm currently
    > using a Zyxel G-220 based on the Zydas ZD1211, but it has some driver
    > issues that doesn't seem like they are going to be fixed anytime soon.
    >
    > Crossposted in c.o.l.hardware and c.o.l.networking with FUT to
    > c.o.l.hardware.

  3. Re: Which USB WLAN adapter?

    jewo wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > i had good experiences with prism54 based hardware
    > http://prism54.org/

    I just found out i actually had a prism54 based USB stick in the drawer.
    Thought it was a old 11 mbit thing. Anyway, thanks for input :-)

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

+ Reply to Thread