Pseudoprinter - Hardware

This is a discussion on Pseudoprinter - Hardware ; Hi, how can I redirect a printjob into a postscript-file. I think there should be a driver which emulates a standard-printer. I have seen this under KDE, but my java-program cannot access KDE. I'm using Suse Linux 10.1. Thanks Thorsten...

  1. Pseudoprinter

    Hi,
    how can I redirect a printjob into a postscript-file.
    I think there should be a driver which emulates a standard-printer.
    I have seen this under KDE, but my java-program cannot access KDE.
    I'm using Suse Linux 10.1.

    Thanks
    Thorsten

  2. Re: Pseudoprinter

    Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
    > Hi,
    > how can I redirect a printjob into a postscript-file.
    > I think there should be a driver which emulates a standard-printer.
    > I have seen this under KDE, but my java-program cannot access KDE.
    > I'm using Suse Linux 10.1.
    >

    > Thanks
    > Thorsten

    Pretty sure you just need to add a print device to cups..that is
    actually a script that will take the pre process postcript and throw it
    on the disk somewhere.

    May be needful to do this at low level.

    Have a look at lpadmin ..

+ Reply to Thread