I have a Plustek OptikPro 9636T scanner I've had working on and off with
various versions of RedHat and now Fedora Core linux.

My latest attempt to get it working under FC5 is failing because
modprobe doesn't load the pt_drv drive. The driver is built, and
"modprobe pt_drv" returns with no error. But the driver is not loaded
after the modprobe command. So the devices cannot be created. No
messages in /var/log/messages indicating anything about it.

I'm using the latest Sane backend 1.0.18 and the latest pt_drv stuff
from the Sane site.

Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?

Thanks.