supported hardware for 2.6.19.1 - Hardware

This is a discussion on supported hardware for 2.6.19.1 - Hardware ; Where can I find a definitive list, assuming one exists, for all of the supported hardware for kernel-2.6.19.1?...

  1. supported hardware for 2.6.19.1

    Where can I find a definitive list, assuming one exists, for all of
    the supported hardware for kernel-2.6.19.1?

  2. Re: supported hardware for 2.6.19.1

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:35:09 -0500, ChasW wrote:

    > Where can I find a definitive list, assuming one exists, for all of
    > the supported hardware for kernel-2.6.19.1?

    If you download the kernel source and do a make gconfig you'll be able to
    see which devices are supported by looking under device drivers.

  3. Re: supported hardware for 2.6.19.1

    ChasW <> wrote:

    > Where can I find a definitive list, assuming one exists, for all of
    > the supported hardware for kernel-2.6.19.1?

    Try here:

    http://pciids.sourceforge.net/pci.ids

    for all PCI devices - does not state level of support - merely that the PCI
    ID is likely recognised by drivers in the latest kernel.

    If you narrow the hardware down to a wish list, google for "problems"
    against that hardware with linux - you should find a fair indication if
    said hardware is fubar or not.

    HTH

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread