Are DDR and DDR2 Rams compatible ? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Are DDR and DDR2 Rams compatible ? - Hardware ; Currently I have a mainboard with two DDR Ram modules: 512 MB PC2700 DDR 133Mhz and 512 MB PC3200 DDR 166Mhz Can I use these RAMs in a new mainboard which has (only) DDR2 ram slots ? In other words ...

  1. Are DDR and DDR2 Rams compatible ?

    Currently I have a mainboard with two DDR Ram modules:

    512 MB PC2700 DDR 133Mhz
    and
    512 MB PC3200 DDR 166Mhz

    Can I use these RAMs in a new mainboard which has (only) DDR2 ram slots ?
    In other words do DDR rams fit physically into DDR2 ram slots ?

    If yes: Do I have to switch an option (e.g. in BIOS) to tell the mainboard that only DDR Rams are
    used or are they recognized automatically ?

    Jason

  2. Re: Are DDR and DDR2 Rams compatible ?

    Jason Stacy wrote:

    >Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.w indowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage ,comp.os.linux.hardware

    Cross-posting idiot. Your "Followup-To" setting caused many people to
    redundantly answer your question, because they didn't see all the
    other responses.

    P.S. Ever hear of a google search?

+ Reply to Thread