Wacom and X11 with Xinerama, weird behaviour of drawing applications - Hardware

This is a discussion on Wacom and X11 with Xinerama, weird behaviour of drawing applications - Hardware ; Hello everybody, I've been googling for weeks now, and I am not able to find a solution to my problem. Configuration: 1. Gentoo Linux with XFCE 2. enabled Xinerama 3. One graphic card (nVidia GeForce FX 5200) with two outputs: ...

  1. Wacom and X11 with Xinerama, weird behaviour of drawing applications

    Hello everybody,
    I've been googling for weeks now, and I am not able to find a solution
    to my problem.

    Configuration:
    1. Gentoo Linux with XFCE
    2. enabled Xinerama
    3. One graphic card (nVidia GeForce FX 5200) with two outputs: VGA and
    DVI
    4. two CRT monitors:
    a) one (main) connected to VGA socket of graphic card,
    1280x1024x24
    b) second (on the left of main) connected to DVI socket, via
    converter, 1024x768x24
    5. tablet Wacom Graphire 4 A6 USB
    6. GIMP 2.2.x and 2.3.x with tablet settings enabled

    I give you an illustration, to let you understand what I'm saying:
    http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eenshotdz2.png

    I also have a video presentation with GIMP:
    http://video.google.pl/videoplay?doc...58980122070242

    This is made from two monitors wide screen (Xinerama), so when I'm
    writing "Pen writting" - the "mouse pointer" is on the right-hand side
    monitor, and the actual drawing are being made on the left-hand side
    monitor. Weird, isn't it?

    I have been trying many many possible configurations. This TVResolution
    and Screen options work correctly, although not in, lets say, "drawing
    mode". Every application that makes use of tablets pressure abilities
    does not work properly. If I use tablet as a mouse - everything seems
    to be alright.

    Has anyone faced such a problem before? The only solution now for me is
    to disable Xinerama/TwinView whenever I want to use my tablet in proper
    way

    I think it is some kind of problem of tablet drivers for linux
    (linuxwacom)...

    Any help will be very appreciated,
    thanks in advance,
    kfiadeg

  2. Re: Wacom and X11 with Xinerama, weird behaviour of drawing applications

    I made another video presenting my problem:

    http://video.google.pl/videoplay?doc...54832037241503

    Cheers,
    kfiadeg

+ Reply to Thread