sys_basher System Exerciser is available for download - Hardware

This is a discussion on sys_basher System Exerciser is available for download - Hardware ; I've put a new system exerciser up on my website, http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/ sys_basher is a multithreaded system exerciser, it's purpose is to provide a system reliability test. sys_basher runs memory and disk I/O tests using from 1-256 simultaneous threads. It can ...

  1. sys_basher System Exerciser is available for download

    I've put a new system exerciser up on my website,

    http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/

    sys_basher is a multithreaded system exerciser, it's purpose is to provide
    a system reliability test. sys_basher runs memory and disk I/O tests using
    from 1-256 simultaneous threads. It can be compiled for both 32 and 64 bit
    Linux. I've run it on 32 and 64 bit FC4, FC5, FC6, it should run on any
    *nix system but it's only been tested on Fedora. sys_basher has a BSD
    license so you can do with it what you want.

    All feedback would be appreciated.

  2. Re: sys_basher System Exerciser is available for download

    General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    > I've put a new system exerciser up on my website,
    >
    > http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/
    >
    > sys_basher is a multithreaded system exerciser, it's purpose is to provide
    > a system reliability test. sys_basher runs memory and disk I/O tests using
    > from 1-256 simultaneous threads. It can be compiled for both 32 and 64 bit
    > Linux. I've run it on 32 and 64 bit FC4, FC5, FC6, it should run on any
    > *nix system but it's only been tested on Fedora. sys_basher has a BSD
    > license so you can do with it what you want.
    >
    > All feedback would be appreciated.

    Interesting site. I will let you know how my various installs respond.

    What is the maximum latency that InfiniBand will tolerate?

    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**

  3. Re: sys_basher System Exerciser is available for download

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:20:30 +0000, joseph2k wrote:

    > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    >
    >> I've put a new system exerciser up on my website,
    >>
    >> http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/
    >>
    >> sys_basher is a multithreaded system exerciser, it's purpose is to provide
    >> a system reliability test. sys_basher runs memory and disk I/O tests using
    >> from 1-256 simultaneous threads. It can be compiled for both 32 and 64 bit
    >> Linux. I've run it on 32 and 64 bit FC4, FC5, FC6, it should run on any
    >> *nix system but it's only been tested on Fedora. sys_basher has a BSD
    >> license so you can do with it what you want.
    >>
    >> All feedback would be appreciated.

    > Interesting site. I will let you know how my various installs respond.
    >
    > What is the maximum latency that InfiniBand will tolerate?

    It's a function of the depth of your receive buffers. InfiniBand uses
    credit based flow control, then number of credits issued is based on the
    available space in the receive buffers. The only latency sensitivity is if
    you run out of credits before you receive another flow control packet. If
    the buffers are deep enough you can mask almost any amount of latency.

+ Reply to Thread