new mainboard (continued) - Hardware

This is a discussion on new mainboard (continued) - Hardware ; hi all, OK here is my final choice: http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Mot...ProductID=2413 which will run an Athlon64X2 dual core. I would like to hear any comments or experience on similar boards. thanks ivan...

  1. new mainboard (continued)

    hi all,
    OK here is my final choice:

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Mot...ProductID=2413

    which will run an Athlon64X2 dual core.
    I would like to hear any comments or experience on similar boards.

    thanks
    ivan

  2. Re: new mainboard (continued)

    Ivan wrote:

    > hi all,
    > OK here is my final choice:

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Mot...ProductID=2413

    > which will run an Athlon64X2 dual core.
    > I would like to hear any comments or experience on similar boards.
    >
    > thanks
    > ivan

    I have one of those. So far it has run every distro i have tried. Win98
    and VistaRC1 as well. Gotta get XP64, it will run also. XP32 does as
    well. Old enough that everything seems to run, new enough to fast as hell.

    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**

  3. Re: new mainboard (continued)

    joseph2k wrote:

    > Ivan wrote:
    >
    >> hi all,
    >> OK here is my final choice:

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Mot...ProductID=2413

    >> which will run an Athlon64X2 dual core.
    >> I would like to hear any comments or experience on similar boards.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> ivan

    > I have one of those. So far it has run every distro i have tried. Win98
    > and VistaRC1 as well. Gotta get XP64, it will run also. XP32 does as
    > well. Old enough that everything seems to run, new enough to fast as
    > hell.

    thank you for your input, I have another question though, do you use IDE or
    SATA hard drives?

    thanks again
    ivan

  4. Re: new mainboard (continued)

    Ivan wrote:

    > joseph2k wrote:
    >
    >> Ivan wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi all,
    >>> OK here is my final choice:

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Mot...ProductID=2413

    >>> which will run an Athlon64X2 dual core.
    >>> I would like to hear any comments or experience on similar boards.
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>> ivan

    >> I have one of those. So far it has run every distro i have tried. Win98
    >> and VistaRC1 as well. Gotta get XP64, it will run also. XP32 does as
    >> well. Old enough that everything seems to run, new enough to fast as
    >> hell.
    >>

    > thank you for your input, I have another question though, do you use IDE
    > or SATA hard drives?
    >
    > thanks again
    > ivan

    Sorry my response is so slow.
    I am using IDE with UDMA133, with SATA2 it ought to be faster still.

    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**
    --Schiller

+ Reply to Thread