Anyone using Dymo USB under cups??? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Anyone using Dymo USB under cups??? - Hardware ; Gentlemen; After struggling with this project for over a month now I've come to the conclusion that NO ONE has gotten these things to work well under Linux. I know cups has a ppd for them but I cannot seem ...

  1. Anyone using Dymo USB under cups???

    Gentlemen;

    After struggling with this project for over a month now I've come to the
    conclusion that NO ONE has gotten these things to work well under Linux.
    I know cups has a ppd for them but I cannot seem to get any control over the
    formatting at all.

    Therefore, if anyone has one of these LW printers or is willing to purchase
    one and participate in a collaborative effort to work towards figuring out
    how to make them work, documenting and sharing with the world... I am
    looking for someone else to participate.

    No need to go into details here but if ANYONE is INTERESTED, please respond
    to this list?

    This is actually a pretty good label printer and could provide some good
    benefits to linux users if this impasse could be overcome.

    Thanks -

  2. Re: Anyone using Dymo USB under cups???

    bobmct wrote:

    > Therefore, if anyone has one of these LW printers or is willing to
    > purchase one and participate in a collaborative effort to work towards
    > figuring out
    > how to make them work, documenting and sharing with the world... I am
    > looking for someone else to participate.
    >
    > No need to go into details here but if ANYONE is INTERESTED, please
    > respond to this list?

    I think we have one of those where i work. Some smart sales guy sold it
    bundled with a normal dymo, 'cause my boss know nothing about computers and
    always buys sh*t we don't need or have any use for at all. I'll ask i can
    borrow it on monday.

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

  3. Re: Anyone using Dymo USB under cups???

    Lasse Jensen wrote:

    > I think we have one of those where i work. Some smart sales guy sold it
    > bundled with a normal dymo, 'cause my boss know nothing about computers
    > and always buys sh*t we don't need or have any use for at all. I'll ask i
    > can borrow it on monday.

    Thanks for responding... any luck locating your boss's dymo ???

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread