configuring multiple USB soundcards (both using snd-usb-audio module) - Hardware

This is a discussion on configuring multiple USB soundcards (both using snd-usb-audio module) - Hardware ; Hello, I got my FC6 box confused connecting two USB "soundcards" (TV Tuner and webcam). They both use snd-usb-audio module. I have no clue how to assign then numbers in modprobe.conf, i tried # alias snd-card-3 snd-usb-audio options snd-card-3 index=3 ...

  1. configuring multiple USB soundcards (both using snd-usb-audio module)

    #
    alias snd-card-3 snd-usb-audio
    options snd-card-3 index=3
    options snd-usb-audio index=3
    remove snd-usb-audio { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 3 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
    /sbin ...
    #
    alias snd-card-4 snd-usb-audio
    options snd-card-4 index=4
    options snd-usb-audio index=4
    remove snd-usb-audio { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 4 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
    /sbin ...

    (soudcards 0, 1, 2 are SB Audigy, onboard Realtek, MPU401)

    but i webcam keeps overwriting (=>disabling) Audigy which I use primarily:

    #less /proc/asound/modules
    0 snd_usb_audio
    1 snd_intel8x0
    3 snd_usb_audio

    Any hints for modprobe.conf to ditinguish between these two "snd-usb-audio"
    modules?

    Thx

    Miroslav

  2. Re: configuring multiple USB soundcards (both using snd-usb-audio module)

    options snd cards_limit=6 was necessary although 5 SHOULD be enough,
    shouldn't it?

    MP

  3. Re: configuring multiple USB soundcards (both using snd-usb-audio module)

    Grr!. Was too optimistic, behaves RANDOMLY,SB got overwritten again:

    0 snd_usb_audio <- how do I make it #4 so that #0 is SB Audigy?
    1 snd_intel8x0
    2 snd_mpu401
    3 snd_usb_audio

    Thaks!

    Miroslav

  4. Re: configuring multiple USB soundcards (both using snd-usb-audiomodule)

    Miroslav Pragl wrote:
    > I got my FC6 box confused connecting two USB "soundcards" (TV Tuner
    > and webcam). They both use snd-usb-audio module.
    >
    > alias snd-card-3 snd-usb-audio
    > alias snd-card-4 snd-usb-audio

    Those lines are correct.

    > options snd-card-3 index=3
    > options snd-card-4 index=4

    Options are for modules, not for aliases. Remove these lines.

    > options snd-usb-audio index=3
    > options snd-usb-audio index=4

    The second line overrides the first. Use:

    options snd-usb-audio index=3,4

    HTH
    Clemens

+ Reply to Thread