it821x boot time parameters - Hardware

This is a discussion on it821x boot time parameters - Hardware ; hi, i've got an ata133/raid pci card which uses the ITE it8212 chipset, and this is supported by the it821x driver which can support pass through mode (ie disables raid function) or smart mode (enabled raid function) i've currently only ...

  1. it821x boot time parameters

    hi,

    i've got an ata133/raid pci card which uses the ITE it8212 chipset, and
    this is supported by the it821x driver which can support pass through
    mode (ie disables raid function) or smart mode (enabled raid function)

    i've currently only got one disk attached to this so want to figure out
    how to parameters to the kernel on box bootup to force the driver to
    use noraid mode.

    with a module, i can

    modprobe it821x noraid=1

    but wondered how i can force this option when i build this into the
    kernel -- at the moment i dont use an initrd so i want this built into
    the kernel. my current grub options say:

    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18 ro root=/dev/hda10

    thanks
    -ray

  2. Re: it821x boot time parameters

    i managed to resolve this and my grub line looks like this:

    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18 ro root=/dev/hda10 it821x.noraid=1

    RAID is disabled and the IDE card works as a ata133 IDE controller now.
    hope this helps anyone else looking for the same thing
    -ray

+ Reply to Thread