LG monitors - Hardware

This is a discussion on LG monitors - Hardware ; I wanted to test Linux on my system before making the Windows Vista decision but when I try to either install Linux or run it from the DVD, my monitor (LG 17" LCD) gives an error message: I restart with ...

  1. LG monitors

    I wanted to test Linux on my system before making the Windows Vista decision
    but when I try to either install Linux or run it from the DVD, my monitor
    (LG 17" LCD) gives an error message:

    I restart with SUSE Linux 10.0 Live DVD in the drive. It begins loading and
    I'm prompted to run it from the DVD. I'm prompted that it's loading the
    Linux kernel and then I get a blue screen with the error message:

    Analog
    Out of range

    46.3kHz/43Hz

    I don't find anything on LG's web site about Linux drivers. Do any of you
    know if this is one of those things I can't get around? I do have an old
    Dell 17" CRT I can setup for the test if I have to but I'd prefer to use
    what I have if possible.

    Thanks,
    Tim

  2. Re: LG monitors

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:01:15 GMT, "Tim Scott Mathews" wrote:

    >(LG 17" LCD) gives an error message:

    >Analog
    >Out of range
    >
    >46.3kHz/43Hz

    ^^^^ --> wants to be 60Hz

    Check for a lores install option, other wise use the glass screen for
    setup, then setup system to 60Hz vertical refresh before connecting
    the LCD again -- a PITA...

    >I don't find anything on LG's web site about Linux drivers. Do any of you
    >know if this is one of those things I can't get around?

    Not a driver problem, just that LCD screens have a far more limited
    vertical refresh range they work with --> use 60Hz.

    Grant.
    --
    http://bugsplatter.mine.nu/

+ Reply to Thread