Intel BOXDG965WHMKR Linux compatibility? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Intel BOXDG965WHMKR Linux compatibility? - Hardware ; Anyone using this motherboard? Are there any compatibility problems aside from the Jmicron controller? (I have an SATA DVD ROM so I won't need to use PATA). Any other motherboard suggestions would be appreciated. I'm going to get a Core2 ...

  1. Intel BOXDG965WHMKR Linux compatibility?

    Anyone using this motherboard? Are there any compatibility problems aside
    from the Jmicron controller? (I have an SATA DVD ROM so I won't need to use
    PATA).

    Any other motherboard suggestions would be appreciated. I'm going to get a
    Core2 E6700 with 4G of DDR2. The box will run without X so graphics
    performance is unimportant, it only has to work well enough to do an
    install. I'll have FC6 64 on this system.

  2. Re: Intel BOXDG965WHMKR Linux compatibility?

    General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    > Anyone using this motherboard? Are there any compatibility problems aside
    > from the Jmicron controller? (I have an SATA DVD ROM so I won't need to use
    > PATA).
    >
    > Any other motherboard suggestions would be appreciated. I'm going to get a
    > Core2 E6700 with 4G of DDR2. The box will run without X so graphics
    > performance is unimportant, it only has to work well enough to do an
    > install. I'll have FC6 64 on this system.

    Why not BOXDX975WHMKR ? I think if you don't need onboard graphics
    975X boards are much better choice. I don't think price difference is
    more than $50 or so.

+ Reply to Thread