Set Default Printer in Cups Client - Hardware

This is a discussion on Set Default Printer in Cups Client - Hardware ; I've just set up a Cups network printer on my home network, and wanted to set it as the default printer on a client machine. However, when I access the network printer through the Cups admin browser on the client, ...

  1. Set Default Printer in Cups Client

    I've just set up a Cups network printer on my home network, and
    wanted to set it as the default printer on a client machine.
    However, when I access the network printer through the Cups admin
    browser on the client, it won't let me do this because the "set
    default" option seems to pertain only to the server.

    Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can set
    a network printer as default on a Cups client?

    Cheers
    Simon

    --
    Stupendous Tales
    www.stupendoustales.com

  2. Re: Set Default Printer in Cups Client

    simonp@nospam.com wrote:
    > I've just set up a Cups network printer on my home network, and
    > wanted to set it as the default printer on a client machine.
    > However, when I access the network printer through the Cups admin
    > browser on the client, it won't let me do this because the "set
    > default" option seems to pertain only to the server.
    >
    > Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can set
    > a network printer as default on a Cups client?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Simon

    For the record I'll put the solution here.

    lpoptions -d PRINTER

    -Simon

    --
    Stupendous Tales