The IRiver Clix uses something called "Media Transfer Protocol" which
currently doesn't work on Linux, you may be able to see the device re
USB but because it doesn't support UMS it won't work, the best hope
seems to be something called LibMTP which doesn't work but may one day.
LibMTP is the linux version of the "Media Transfer Protocol" as of
11/2006 it doesn't work for the Clix.