Mounting FAT32 formatted External USB drive for writing - Hardware

This is a discussion on Mounting FAT32 formatted External USB drive for writing - Hardware ; Hi - 'Seems like my FAT32 formatted externew external USB has been automounted as read only -- here's a line from my /etc/fstab /dev/sda1 /media/sda1 auto sync,noauto,user,exec 0 0 #HOTPLUG B3Fu.kLXse11go55 How can I mount this drive as writable? Thanks ...

  1. Mounting FAT32 formatted External USB drive for writing

    Hi -

    'Seems like my FAT32 formatted externew external USB has been
    automounted as read only -- here's a line from my /etc/fstab

    /dev/sda1 /media/sda1 auto sync,noauto,user,exec 0 0 #HOTPLUG
    B3Fu.kLXse11go55

    How can I mount this drive as writable?

    Thanks

    - Olumide

  2. Re: Mounting FAT32 formatted External USB drive for writing

    Olumide wrote:
    > Hi -
    >
    > 'Seems like my FAT32 formatted externew external USB has been
    > automounted as read only -- here's a line from my /etc/fstab
    >
    > /dev/sda1 /media/sda1 auto sync,noauto,user,exec 0 0 #HOTPLUG
    > B3Fu.kLXse11go55
    >
    > How can I mount this drive as writable?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > - Olumide

    /dev/sda1 /media/sda1 vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0

+ Reply to Thread