what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution? - Hardware

This is a discussion on what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution? - Hardware ; hello I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen but am unsure about what video card would support its resolution. For example for Ge force FX5500 I use now I don't know for the nvidia site says it goes till 1600x1200 ...

  1. what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    hello

    I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen

    but am unsure about what video card would support its resolution.

    For example for Ge force FX5500 I use now I don't know for the nvidia site

    says it goes till 1600x1200 pxl.

    What model among inexoensive (old) video card would do DVI 1920x1200 ?

    in Linux using Xorg.

    Thank you

    what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

  2. Re: what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    serge wrote:

    > hello
    >
    > I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen
    >
    > what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    AFAIK you'll need to get a 'dual-link' capable card which will use both
    DVI ports to run one display. Some of the higher end nVidia graphics
    cards will do this and you'll need the proprietary nvidia driver as
    well.

    Don't know about ATI.

  3. Re: what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    In article , serge wrote:
    >hello
    >
    >I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen
    >
    >but am unsure about what video card would support its resolution.
    >
    >For example for Ge force FX5500 I use now I don't know for the nvidia site
    >
    >says it goes till 1600x1200 pxl.
    >
    >What model among inexoensive (old) video card would do DVI 1920x1200 ?
    >
    >in Linux using Xorg.
    >
    >Thank you
    >

    >what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    There are many. I'm currently doing this with the GeForce 6200 IIRC. I chose this
    based on (a) not wanting another fan; and (b) cost, since I don't do games. Checked
    out the manufacturer's specs for what it could drive - took almost no time. If cost
    or power consumption & noise are no object, there are even more choices.

    You don't need a dual-card setup as was suggested elsewhere unless, perhaps, you
    need high-end gaming performance or bragging rights.

    -f
    --

  4. Re: what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    Chris wrote:

    > serge wrote:
    >
    >> hello
    >>
    >> I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen
    >>
    >> what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    > AFAIK you'll need to get a 'dual-link' capable card which will use both
    > DVI ports to run one display.

    Dual-link cards do not use two DVI ports to run one display. Dual-link
    DVI is a single port with twice the available pixel bandwidth, that's
    all. However, dual-link is usually only required for even higher
    resolutions (e.g, 2560x1600 as found on some 30 inch displays). Many
    cards can handle 1920x1200. Personally I'd recommend an ATI Radeon 9200
    or 9250 card, since they are well supported by open source drivers.

  5. Re: what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    Chris wrote:
    > serge wrote:
    >
    >>hello
    >>
    >>I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen
    >>
    >>what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    > AFAIK you'll need to get a 'dual-link' capable card which will use both
    > DVI ports to run one display. Some of the higher end nVidia graphics
    > cards will do this and you'll need the proprietary nvidia driver as
    > well.

    Does not require dual-link. Only the extra high rez panels (e.g.
    30") would require that.

    I've run an NV 6600GT and 6800GT to my 2405fpw (younger brother
    of the 2407).... but I usually use the Nvidia driver... not
    sure if I ever tried with just the "nv" driver. However, I know
    I have run 1920x1200 DVI from my laptop (Quadro 1400.. e.g. go6800)
    using just the "nv" driver.

    I guess you could say, I didn't have my 24" monitor when I had
    older cards..

  6. Re: what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    Ok thanks to all

    as I don't play games I"ll be pretty fine with the sugessted cards

    "serge" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    > hello
    >
    > I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen
    >
    > but am unsure about what video card would support its resolution.
    >
    > For example for Ge force FX5500 I use now I don't know for the nvidia
    > site
    >
    > says it goes till 1600x1200 pxl.
    >
    > What model among inexoensive (old) video card would do DVI 1920x1200 ?
    >
    > in Linux using Xorg.
    >
    > Thank you
    >

    > what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

  7. Re: what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    serge wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > I"m going to get 2407fwp 24" screen
    >
    > but am unsure about what video card would support its resolution.
    >
    > For example for Ge force FX5500 I use now I don't know for the nvidia site
    >
    > says it goes till 1600x1200 pxl.
    >
    > What model among inexoensive (old) video card would do DVI 1920x1200 ?
    >
    > in Linux using Xorg.
    >
    > Thank you
    >

    > what video card support 1920x1200 DVI resolution?

    I have a Geforce 3 Ti200 running my 2405 at that resolution.

    Jeff Long

+ Reply to Thread