Re: Bluetooth chips.... - Hardware

This is a discussion on Re: Bluetooth chips.... - Hardware ; Richard Corden wrote: > 06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device > 001c (rev 01) > Subsystem: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device 3065 WIFI chip? > Please let me know if I've missed an obvious device! It doesn't seem ...

  1. Re: Bluetooth chips....

    Richard Corden wrote:

    > 06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device
    > 001c (rev 01)
    > Subsystem: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device 3065

    WIFI chip?

    > Please let me know if I've missed an obvious device!

    It doesn't seem like it. What about BIOS setup? Do you have to enable it
    there?

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

  2. Re: Bluetooth chips....

    Lasse Jensen wrote:
    > Richard Corden wrote:
    >
    >> 06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device
    >> 001c (rev 01)
    >> Subsystem: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device 3065

    > WIFI chip?

    Yes - works great with 'ndiswrapper'.

    >> Please let me know if I've missed an obvious device!

    > It doesn't seem like it. What about BIOS setup? Do you have to enable it
    > there?

    [Head hung in shame and embarrassment]

    Em - I cannot believe that it was as simple as this. It never crossed
    my mind that it would be disabled in the BIOS.

    And all of a sudden:

    >lsusb

    Bus 5 Device 3: ID 0c24:000f Taiyo Yuden

    Thanks for your help!

    Regards,

    Richard

    --