ipw3495 - activation by keyboad - Hardware

This is a discussion on ipw3495 - activation by keyboad - Hardware ; Hi, I owna notebook with ipw3495 Wireless card. I just installed Fedora 7 but I'm not able to activate ipw3945 by the button on the keyboard... I checked "any user can activate..." in network configuration but I'm still obliged to ...

  1. ipw3495 - activation by keyboad

    Hi,
    I owna notebook with ipw3495 Wireless card. I just installed Fedora 7
    but I'm not able to activate ipw3945 by the button on the keyboard...
    I checked "any user can activate..." in network configuration but I'm
    still obliged to use the appropriate software to connect by WiFi...

    What is wrong?

    Thank You again!
    Armando

  2. Re: ipw3495 - activation by keyboad

    Armando wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I owna notebook with ipw3495 Wireless card. I just installed
    > Fedora 7 but I'm not able to activate ipw3945 by the button on
    > the keyboard... I checked "any user can activate..." in network
    > configuration but I'm still obliged to use the appropriate
    > software to connect by WiFi...
    >
    > What is wrong?

    That button you're referring to sends an ACPI Hotkey Event. To
    get properly processed you have to load a special, notebook
    brand specific ACPI module.

    Wolfgang Draxinger
    --
    E-Mail address works, Jabber: hexarith@jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867

  3. Re: ipw3495 - activation by keyboad

    Wolfgang Draxinger wrote:
    > That button you're referring to sends an ACPI Hotkey Event. To
    > [...]

    Thank You Wolfgang!
    Armando

+ Reply to Thread