Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router - Hardware

This is a discussion on Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router - Hardware ; I want to run a Linux-based web server on my home LAN (which is connected to the internet by cable modem through a Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router.) Here is a quote from the Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband ...

  1. Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router

    I want to run a Linux-based web server on my home LAN (which is
    connected to the internet by cable modem through a Dell Truemobile
    2300 Wireless Broadband Router.)

    Here is a quote from the Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband
    Router documentation:

    "The Web-Based Configuration Tool is for advanced configuration of the
    Wireless Broadband Router.... This tool includes every basic and
    advanced configuration option for the Wireless Broadband Router. For
    instance, you can allow other Internet users to access a Web server
    hosted on your local private network, or disable your wireless
    network."

    I have studied all the options in the Web Based Configuration Tool,
    and there is *no hint* as to how you would do this.

    I would appreciate any suggestions about how to do this.

  2. Re: Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:26:08 -0700, Vwaju wrote:

    > I want to run a Linux-based web server on my home LAN (which is
    > connected to the internet by cable modem through a Dell Truemobile 2300
    > Wireless Broadband Router.)
    >
    > Here is a quote from the Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router
    > documentation:
    >
    > "The Web-Based Configuration Tool is for advanced configuration of the
    > Wireless Broadband Router.... This tool includes every basic and
    > advanced configuration option for the Wireless Broadband Router. For
    > instance, you can allow other Internet users to access a Web server
    > hosted on your local private network, or disable your wireless network."
    >
    > I have studied all the options in the Web Based Configuration Tool, and
    > there is *no hint* as to how you would do this.
    >
    > I would appreciate any suggestions about how to do this.

    If you want to expose a web server to the world you need to port forward
    the HTTP and HTTPS ports to the server machine.

+ Reply to Thread