Wireless RF_KILL switch - Hardware

This is a discussion on Wireless RF_KILL switch - Hardware ; G day everyone, Has anyone got the hardware RF_KILL switch to work on a "NEC Versa M540" with ipw2200 card. The HW kill switch is a "Fnc-F1" key combination on this laptop. However this key combination is not detected by ...

  1. Wireless RF_KILL switch

    G day everyone,
    Has anyone got the hardware RF_KILL switch to work on a "NEC Versa
    M540" with ipw2200 card. The HW kill switch is a "Fnc-F1" key
    combination on this laptop. However this key combination is not
    detected by linux (Kubuntu 8.04 standard). "showkey" does not show
    any key codes for this combination. I was told by the owner that "Fnc-
    F1" combination used to work under XP. Since he had some virus issues
    with XP, I've reccomended linux; and now getting the wireless up is my
    responsibility .
    Cheers
    Janaka

  2. Re: Wireless RF_KILL switch

    In article <1ca16465-ac47-4274-8287-4d732b92ac06@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    Janaka wrote:
    > G day everyone,
    > Has anyone got the hardware RF_KILL switch to work on a "NEC Versa
    > M540" with ipw2200 card. The HW kill switch is a "Fnc-F1" key
    > combination on this laptop. However this key combination is not
    > detected by linux (Kubuntu 8.04 standard). "showkey" does not show
    > any key codes for this combination. I was told by the owner that "Fnc-
    > F1" combination used to work under XP. Since he had some virus issues
    > with XP, I've reccomended linux; and now getting the wireless up is my
    > responsibility .

    The words "ACPI events" come to mind. I've never done it though.

    --
    -eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP http://royalty.mine.nu:81

    "You're one of those condescending Unix computer users!"
    "Here's a nickel, kid. Get yourself a better computer" - Dilbert

  3. Re: Wireless RF_KILL switch

    On Sep 24, 1:34*pm, ebenZERO...@verizon.net (Hactar) wrote:
    > In article <1ca16465-ac47-4274-8287-4d732b92a...@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > Janaka * wrote:
    > > G day everyone,
    > > Has anyone got the hardware RF_KILL switch to work on a "NEC Versa
    > > M540" with ipw2200 card. *The HW kill switch is a "Fnc-F1" key
    > > combination on this laptop. *However this key combination is not
    > > detected by linux (Kubuntu 8.04 standard). *"showkey" does not show
    > > any key codes for this combination. *I was told by the owner that "Fnc-
    > > F1" combination used to work under XP. *Since he had some virus issues
    > > with XP, I've reccomended linux; and now getting the wireless up is my
    > > responsibility .

    > The words "ACPI events" come to mind. *I've never done it though.
    >
    > --
    > -eben * QebWenE...@vTerYizUonI.nOetP *http://royalty.mine.nu:81
    >
    > * * *"You're one of those condescending Unix computer users!"
    > *"Here's a nickel, kid. *Get yourself a better computer" - Dilbert

    Thanks. Will investigate on this line!!!
    Cheers
    Janaka

+ Reply to Thread