How Linux(Debian) detect USB? - Hardware

This is a discussion on How Linux(Debian) detect USB? - Hardware ; Hi I am a programmer and for my project I have to know how Linux Kernel detect USB storage, in fact what are the processes while USB connect to machine and how it will detect by OS, is there any ...

  1. How Linux(Debian) detect USB?

    Hi
    I am a programmer and for my project I have to know how Linux Kernel
    detect USB storage, in fact what are the processes while USB connect
    to machine and how it will detect by OS, is there any interrupt that I
    must check or what else?

    Thanks for your cooperation in advance

    Sincerely yours

    Bahador Biglari

  2. Re: How Linux(Debian) detect USB?

    Em Domingo, 21 de Setembro de 2008 17:04, Biglari.b@gmail.com escreveu:

    > Hi
    > I am a programmer and for my project I have to know how Linux Kernel
    > detect USB storage, in fact what are the processes while USB connect
    > to machine and how it will detect by OS, is there any interrupt that I
    > must check or what else?
    >
    > Thanks for your cooperation in advance
    >
    > Sincerely yours
    >

    > Bahador Biglari

    all i can tell you is that it uses the "usb-storage" module.
    maybe if you read the source code of that module, you'll find everything you
    need.

    best luck

  3. Re: How Linux(Debian) detect USB?

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:04:16 -0700, Biglari.b rearranged some electrons to
    say:

    > Hi
    > I am a programmer and for my project I have to know how Linux Kernel
    > detect USB storage, in fact what are the processes while USB connect to
    > machine and how it will detect by OS, is there any interrupt that I must
    > check or what else?
    >
    > Thanks for your cooperation in advance
    >
    > Sincerely yours
    >

    > Bahador Biglari