In order to diagnose some cpu overheating problems that might possibly be
crashing my machines at random I was advised to install lm_sensors.

Unfortunately, when I did a "sensors-detect" I get an error that says I
need a driver "yet to be written"

******************
Driver `to-be-written' (should be inserted):
Detects correctly:
* Chip `AMD K10 thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no):
Starting lm_sensors: not configured, run sensors-detect[WARNING]

But these are fairly common AMD Quad Core Opterons (#2354) and I was
wondering if there is really no way out? Any advice? Or any other ways that
I can use to log our cpu-temperatures?

--
Rahul