bluetooth : hcitool dev shows no device - Hardware

This is a discussion on bluetooth : hcitool dev shows no device - Hardware ; Hello. I need to activate Bluetooth on my laptop. lsusb gives: Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0b05:1712 ASUSTek Computer, Inc. BT-183 Bluetooth 2.0+EDR adapter According to lsmod, the bluetooth and hci_usb modules are inserted, but when I try # hcitool ...

  1. bluetooth : hcitool dev shows no device

    Hello.

    I need to activate Bluetooth on my laptop.

    lsusb gives:

    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0b05:1712 ASUSTek Computer, Inc. BT-183 Bluetooth 2.0+EDR adapter

    According to lsmod, the bluetooth and hci_usb modules are inserted, but when
    I try

    # hcitool scan

    I get

    Device is not available: No such device

    and

    # hcitool dev

    gives nothing: just

    Devices:

    I see no errors in dmesg or /var/log/debug.

    Any hint? Thanks!

    --
    Fabrice DELENTE

  2. Re: bluetooth : hcitool dev shows no device

    In article <48c23243$0$15428$426a74cc@news.free.fr>,
    wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I need to activate Bluetooth on my laptop.
    >
    > lsusb gives:
    >
    > Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0b05:1712 ASUSTek Computer, Inc. BT-183 Bluetooth
    > 2.0+EDR adapter
    >
    > According to lsmod, the bluetooth and hci_usb modules are inserted, but when
    > I try
    >
    > # hcitool scan
    >
    > I get
    >
    > Device is not available: No such device
    >
    > and
    >
    > # hcitool dev
    >
    > gives nothing: just
    >
    > Devices:
    >
    > I see no errors in dmesg or /var/log/debug.
    >
    > Any hint? Thanks!

    Ditto, although since I specced this laptop, it's entirely possible that
    in a fit of madness I didn't get BT. How can I see all hardware? lspci
    comes to mind, but BT devices usually show up as USB. How "really USB"
    are they?

    --
    -eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP http://royalty.mine.nu:81
    ARIES: The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb

+ Reply to Thread