I am running Mandriva 2008.1 to a Brother MFC240c USB multifunction printer,
using the RPM drivers supplied by Brother.

Suddenly the printer is printing in mirror fashion, but only under Linux. I
have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CUPS (which did the same to the
drivers as dependencies,) setting the printer to "mirror" (it still came
out back to front; the options were "on and "mirror" which sounds like "on"
again) and powering down the printer long enough for its internals to
reset. Nothing changes it. Under Windows XP, I have no problems.

Is there some file or files that I should specifically delete and reinstall?
Any other suggestions?

Doug.