Lexmark X3450 (series X3400) - Hardware

This is a discussion on Lexmark X3450 (series X3400) - Hardware ; Hi... does anybody knows a way to put this printer/scanner working?...

  1. Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    Hi...

    does anybody knows a way to put this printer/scanner working?

  2. Re: Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:55:46 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:

    > does anybody knows a way to put this printer/scanner working?

    Put it in the nearest dumpster, and buy an HP or a Brother.

  3. Re: Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    Em Terça, 2 de Setembro de 2008 02:31, Dan C escreveu:

    > On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:55:46 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:
    >
    >> does anybody knows a way to put this printer/scanner working?

    > Put it in the nearest dumpster, and buy an HP or a Brother.

    it ain't mine

    does brother has good support as well HP has?

    thanks

  4. Re: Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 02:37:52 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:

    > Em Terça, 2 de Setembro de 2008 02:31, Dan C escreveu:
    >
    >> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:55:46 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:
    >>
    >>> does anybody knows a way to put this printer/scanner working?

    >> Put it in the nearest dumpster, and buy an HP or a Brother.
    >>

    > it ain't mine
    >
    > does brother has good support as well HP has?
    >
    > thanks

    I'd suggest that you bring up system-config-printer and see if the
    particular printer is listed. There are a fair number of Brother printers
    listed. However if you are out to buy a printer you should get an HP.

  5. Re: Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    Em Terça, 2 de Setembro de 2008 03:01, General Schvantzkopf escreveu:

    > On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 02:37:52 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:

    >>> Put it in the nearest dumpster, and buy an HP or a Brother.
    >>>

    >> it ain't mine
    >>
    >> does brother has good support as well HP has?
    >>
    >> thanks

    > I'd suggest that you bring up system-config-printer and see if the
    > particular printer is listed. There are a fair number of Brother printers
    > listed. However if you are out to buy a printer you should get an HP.

    looks like all brothers listed are old models, and not expected to be found
    in stores...
    i know that hp suports linux, and epson also (i think)... i was just
    wondering if brother was doing the same...

    as for lexmark, a lot of them works fine, but not all

    right now, it would be great if i could put the X3450 to work, you see i've
    convinced a friend to give up on using windows on the internet after he
    trashed the system for the 3rd time in less than a year, and now the dumb
    printer doesn't work... if i could find just some ppd file to put at least
    the printing function working it would be something...

    thanks

  6. Re: Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:57:29 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:

    > Em Terça, 2 de Setembro de 2008 03:01, General Schvantzkopf escreveu:

    >>> it ain't mine
    >>>
    >>> does brother has good support as well HP has?
    >>>
    >>> thanks

    >> I'd suggest that you bring up system-config-printer and see if the
    >> particular printer is listed. There are a fair number of Brother
    >> printers listed. However if you are out to buy a printer you should get
    >> an HP.

    > looks like all brothers listed are old models, and not expected to be
    > found in stores...
    > i know that hp suports linux, and epson also (i think)... i was just
    > wondering if brother was doing the same...
    >
    > as for lexmark, a lot of them works fine, but not all
    >
    > right now, it would be great if i could put the X3450 to work, you see
    > i've convinced a friend to give up on using windows on the internet
    > after he trashed the system for the 3rd time in less than a year, and
    > now the dumb printer doesn't work... if i could find just some ppd file
    > to put at least the printing function working it would be something...
    >
    > thanks

    Macs use CUPS so if you could find a ppd for a Mac that might work. There
    are a number of Lexmark printers listed in the printer GUI have you tried
    any of those?

  7. Re: Lexmark X3450 (series X3400)

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, General Schvantzkopf wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:57:29 +0100, ArameFarpado wrote:

    >>> I'd suggest that you bring up system-config-printer and see if the
    >>> particular printer is listed. There are a fair number of Brother
    >>> printers listed. However if you are out to buy a printer you should get
    >>> an HP.

    >> looks like all brothers listed are old models, and not expected to be
    >> found in stores...
    >> i know that hp suports linux, and epson also (i think)... i was just
    >> wondering if brother was doing the same...
    >>
    >> as for lexmark, a lot of them works fine, but not all
    >>
    >> right now, it would be great if i could put the X3450 to work, you see
    >> i've convinced a friend to give up on using windows on the internet
    >> after he trashed the system for the 3rd time in less than a year, and
    >> now the dumb printer doesn't work... if i could find just some ppd file
    >> to put at least the printing function working it would be something...
    >>
    >> thanks

    > Macs use CUPS so if you could find a ppd for a Mac that might work. There
    > are a number of Lexmark printers listed in the printer GUI have you tried
    > any of those?

    Doesn't look too hopeful on the Linuxprinting.org website:
    http://www.openprinting.org/show_pri...=Lexmark-x3400

    Quote:
    Lexmark x3400
    Color inkjet printer, this is a Paperweight

+ Reply to Thread