LSI MegaRaid - Hardware

This is a discussion on LSI MegaRaid - Hardware ; Hello, Have ASUS Server with LSI MegaRaid controller for 4 RAID hotswap container. Start Debian on this server but not raid is visible. Where get driver or need rebuild kernel? Thznx....

  1. LSI MegaRaid

    Hello,

    Have ASUS Server with LSI MegaRaid controller for 4 RAID hotswap
    container. Start Debian on this server but not raid is visible. Where
    get driver or need rebuild kernel?

    Thznx.

  2. Re: LSI MegaRaid

    On Sunday 17 August 2008 04:36, someone identifying as
    *=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F =3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F* wrote
    in /comp.os.linux.hardware:/

    > Hello,
    >
    > Have ASUS Server with LSI MegaRaid controller for 4 RAID hotswap
    > container. Start Debian on this server but not raid is visible. Where
    > get driver or need rebuild kernel?

    You have not mentioned what version of Debian you're using, or better even,
    what kernel version you're running.

    The LSI MegaRAID series of controllers has already been supported in the
    vanilla (upstream) kernel for many years, so I see no reason as to why it
    wouldn't be supported in Debian's kernel.

    Please also note that the individual disks will normally not be visible as
    such from within userspace, because a true hardware RAID will normally
    identify itself to the operating system as being a single disk.

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: LSI MegaRaid

    On 08/16/2008 07:36 PM, =3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F =3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F sent:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Have ASUS Server with LSI MegaRaid controller for 4 RAID hotswap
    > container. Start Debian on this server but not raid is visible. Where
    > get driver or need rebuild kernel?
    >
    > Thznx.

    Hello:

    How was Debian Linux able to start? Is Debian on a different storage
    media? IDE? CD? DVD? What version of Debian? etch? sarge? woody?

    Does your model LSI MegaRAID serve a SATA disk array or what?

    The more information you give, the more you can be helped.

    Best wishes to you.

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

  4. Re: LSI MegaRaid

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, =3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F =3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Have ASUS Server with LSI MegaRaid controller for 4 RAID hotswap
    > container. Start Debian on this server but not raid is visible. Where
    > get driver or need rebuild kernel?

    As others have mentioned, these controllers are well supported under
    Linux, so the next question is: did you configure a RAID unit? You will
    need to do this through the RAID controller's BIOS.

+ Reply to Thread