SFF PC that will run RHEL? - Hardware

This is a discussion on SFF PC that will run RHEL? - Hardware ; Hi, I am looking for a SFF PC that will run RHEL without any issues. I have had a look at the Shuttle K45 but have read that it doesn't recognize the NIC. Does anyone have a recommendation or two ...

  1. SFF PC that will run RHEL?

    Hi,

    I am looking for a SFF PC that will run RHEL without any issues.

    I have had a look at the Shuttle K45 but have read that it doesn't
    recognize the NIC.

    Does anyone have a recommendation or two for me?

    Thanks

    Peter

  2. Re: SFF PC that will run RHEL?

    On 08/09/2008 10:35 PM, Peter Danes sent:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a SFF PC that will run RHEL without any issues.
    >
    > I have had a look at the Shuttle K45 but have read that it doesn't
    > recognize the NIC.
    >
    > Does anyone have a recommendation or two for me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter

    Hello Peter:

    1.) Try

    2.) If the seller will allow, try a "LiveCD" from a distro you're
    interested in. Many folks start with Knoppix... others don't.

    3.) Ask the Shuttle folks what they know or recommend re RHEL5.2
    If they say it works, have /that/ in your purchase agreement.

    What has attracted you to Tikanga?

    Good luck to you.

    --
    1PW