Aps for caps in sub.

What is the story with these cards under linux these days?
Unfortunately, with both two of these cards (Phillips & Samsug) I am
currently drawing a blank.

My debian sarge system is barfing on "/dev/radio0 can not be found".
similar atory with /dev/video0. Yet both of them have copuious devices
defined (WTf is the story with 64 video devices defined?).

I remeber way back when I ran a webcam, that I needed to define the type
of card for the various bttv modules, but that doesn't seem to be a
problem now, or has the installation script barfed it?

T.I.A.