New version of sys_basher available - Hardware

This is a discussion on New version of sys_basher available - Hardware ; I've added support for libsensors 3.x to sys_basher. LM_sensors changed their API in version 3 which required a rewrite of the temperature logging portion of sys_basher. The new version has support for the older version of libsensors, which is found ...

  1. New version of sys_basher available

    I've added support for libsensors 3.x to sys_basher. LM_sensors changed
    their API in version 3 which required a rewrite of the temperature
    logging portion of sys_basher. The new version has support for the older
    version of libsensors, which is found in RHEL and CentOS, as well as the
    new version which is found in Fedora 9.

    Sys_basher is a hardware exerciser and benchmarking tool. It's open
    source (BSD) and runs on any *nix system.

    http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/

  2. Re: New version of sys_basher available

    General Schvantzkopf wrote:
    > I've added support for libsensors 3.x to sys_basher. LM_sensors changed
    > their API in version 3 which required a rewrite of the temperature
    > logging portion of sys_basher. The new version has support for the older
    > version of libsensors, which is found in RHEL and CentOS, as well as the
    > new version which is found in Fedora 9.
    >
    > Sys_basher is a hardware exerciser and benchmarking tool. It's open
    > source (BSD) and runs on any *nix system.
    >
    > http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/

    Hello Joshua:

    Using my RHEL5.2 system, I attempted to adapt your latest version of
    sys_basher to my platform with the following results:

    Please excuse the frequent line wraps as I have my Thunderbird set at
    70 columns per line.

    10:06 ~/downloads/sys_basher/sys_basher # make sys_basher2
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_main.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_utils.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_disk.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_kernel.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_fp.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_int.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_mem.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g lin_utils.c
    gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    -Wswitch -g sys_sensors3.c
    gcc -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type -Wswitch
    -g -lm -pthread -lsensors -o sys_basher sys_main.o sys_utils.o
    sys_disk.o sys_kernel.o sys_fp.o sys_int.o sys_mem.o lin_utils.o
    sys_sensors2.o
    gcc: sys_sensors2.o: No such file or directory
    make: *** [sys_basher2] Error 1
    10:06 ~/downloads/sys_basher/sys_basher #

    Could it be that the Makefile has a missing 'compile' flag?

    I'm using: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)

    Best wishes to you sir.

    Pete

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

  3. Re: New version of sys_basher available

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:29:35 -0700, 1PW wrote:

    > General Schvantzkopf wrote:
    >> I've added support for libsensors 3.x to sys_basher. LM_sensors changed
    >> their API in version 3 which required a rewrite of the temperature
    >> logging portion of sys_basher. The new version has support for the
    >> older version of libsensors, which is found in RHEL and CentOS, as well
    >> as the new version which is found in Fedora 9.
    >>
    >> Sys_basher is a hardware exerciser and benchmarking tool. It's open
    >> source (BSD) and runs on any *nix system.
    >>
    >> http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/

    > Hello Joshua:
    >
    > Using my RHEL5.2 system, I attempted to adapt your latest version of
    > sys_basher to my platform with the following results:
    >
    > Please excuse the frequent line wraps as I have my Thunderbird set at 70
    > columns per line.
    >
    > 10:06 ~/downloads/sys_basher/sys_basher # make sys_basher2 gcc -c -O2
    > -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -g
    > sys_main.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_utils.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_disk.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_kernel.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_fp.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_int.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_mem.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g lin_utils.c
    > gcc -c -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type
    > -Wswitch -g sys_sensors3.c
    > gcc -O2 -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wno-multichar -Wreturn-type -Wswitch
    > -g -lm -pthread -lsensors -o sys_basher sys_main.o sys_utils.o
    > sys_disk.o sys_kernel.o sys_fp.o sys_int.o sys_mem.o lin_utils.o
    > sys_sensors2.o
    > gcc: sys_sensors2.o: No such file or directory make: *** [sys_basher2]
    > Error 1
    > 10:06 ~/downloads/sys_basher/sys_basher #
    >
    > Could it be that the Makefile has a missing 'compile' flag?
    >
    > I'm using: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)
    >
    > Best wishes to you sir.
    >
    > Pete

    It looks like I have a bug in the Makefile, change

    sys_basher2: /usr/include/sensors/sensors.h $(SYS_OBJECTS) sys_sensors3.o
    $(C) $(CFLAGS) -lm -pthread -lsensors -o sys_basher $(SYS_OBJECTS) sys_sensors2.o

    sys_basher2: /usr/include/sensors/sensors.h $(SYS_OBJECTS) sys_sensors2.o
    $(C) $(CFLAGS) -lm -pthread -lsensors -o sys_basher $(SYS_OBJECTS) sys_sensors2.o

    If you have tcsh installed you can do a

    make sensors

    Which will call a csh script that will make the correct version of lmsensors

  4. Re: New version of sys_basher available

    I've uploaded the Makefile fix.

+ Reply to Thread