is there any point having dual dvi card? - Hardware

This is a discussion on is there any point having dual dvi card? - Hardware ; Hello I'm proposed to buy a dual dvi AGP card and I wonder why should I need it? Is it worth buying or not? Any suggestions? thank you...

  1. is there any point having dual dvi card?

    Hello

    I'm proposed to buy a dual dvi AGP card and I wonder why should I need it?
    Is it worth buying or not?
    Any suggestions?

    thank you

  2. Re: is there any point having dual dvi card?

    Sure. I'll be the first to feed the troll...

    =SERGE= wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I'm proposed to buy a dual dvi AGP card and I wonder why should I need it?

    Uhm, I suppose you can connect 2 monitors to it. But that begs the question:
    Why would anybody have 2 monitors?

    > Is it worth buying or not?

    If you have to ask, no.

    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thank you

  3. Re: is there any point having dual dvi card?

    =SERGE= wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I'm proposed to buy a dual dvi AGP card and I wonder why should I
    > need it? Is it worth buying or not? Any suggestions?

    So that you can have two monitors in use is the most common reason.

    In some circumstances some people demand very high resolutions from
    there graphics card and two DVI connectors are necessary to a single
    monitor in order to accommodate the considerable bandwidth required.

    --
    Regards,
    Sheridan Hutchinson

  4. Re: is there any point having dual dvi card?

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:23:44 -0700, Miguel De Anda wrote:

    > Sure. I'll be the first to feed the troll...
    >
    > =SERGE= wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I'm proposed to buy a dual dvi AGP card and I wonder why should I need
    >> it?

    > Uhm, I suppose you can connect 2 monitors to it. But that begs the
    > question: Why would anybody have 2 monitors?

    If you have to ask, you probably don't. I used to do scientific software
    support and development - it came in very handy to have a dual monitor
    desktop.