LSI Logic Megaraid CERC ATA/100 doesn't detect disks - Hardware

This is a discussion on LSI Logic Megaraid CERC ATA/100 doesn't detect disks - Hardware ; Hi, I'm investigating moving some Dell 600SC machines from FreeBSD to Debian Linux (etch) in order to reduce workload in maintaining them - FreeBSD is a real lot of work. However my RAID card doesn't detect any logical volumes attached ...

  1. LSI Logic Megaraid CERC ATA/100 doesn't detect disks

    Hi,

    I'm investigating moving some Dell 600SC machines from FreeBSD to Debian
    Linux (etch) in order to reduce workload in maintaining them - FreeBSD
    is a real lot of work.

    However my RAID card doesn't detect any logical volumes attached to
    it... even if I break the RAID, it doesn't detect any of the disks.

    megaraid cmm: 2.20.2.7 (Release Date: Sun Jul 16 00:01:03 EST 2006)
    megaraid: 2.20.4.9 (Release Date: Sun Jul 16 12:27:22 EST 2006)
    megaraid: probe new device 0x101e:0x1960:0x1028:0x0511: bus 0:slot 7:func 0
    megaraid: fw version:[6.62] bios version:[1.03]
    scsi0 : LSI Logic MegaRAID driver
    scsi[0]: scanning scsi channel 0 [Phy 0] for non-raid devices
    scsi[0]: scanning scsi channel 1 [Phy 1] for non-raid devices
    scsi[0]: scanning scsi channel 2 [Phy 2] for non-raid devices
    scsi[0]: scanning scsi channel 3 [Phy 3] for non-raid devices
    scsi[0]: scanning scsi channel 4 [virtual] for logical drives

    But if I boot up FreeBSD or Windows, it works great. Suggestions?

    Regards,
    Peter

  2. Re: LSI Logic Megaraid CERC ATA/100 doesn't detect disks - FIXED

    Managed to fix it all up... firmware downgrade. Had been looking for
    this, some deep digging on Google revealed:

    http://www.lsi.com/files/support/rsa/N661.zip
    http://ftp.us.dell.com/ide/CERC-FW667.exe

    It appears the Linux driver doesn't like the 6.62 firmware... 6.61 works
    fine.

    Very glad, because I've been banging my head over this issue for about 2
    weeks.. and wouldn't you know, it takes a usenet post before I work out
    the solution on my own

    Regards,
    Peter

  3. Re: LSI Logic Megaraid CERC ATA/100 doesn't detect disks - FIXED

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 00:26:32 +1000, criten wrote:

    > Managed to fix it all up... firmware downgrade. Had been looking for
    > this, some deep digging on Google revealed:
    >
    > http://www.lsi.com/files/support/rsa/N661.zip
    > http://ftp.us.dell.com/ide/CERC-FW667.exe
    >
    > It appears the Linux driver doesn't like the 6.62 firmware... 6.61 works
    > fine.
    >
    > Very glad, because I've been banging my head over this issue for about 2
    > weeks.. and wouldn't you know, it takes a usenet post before I work out
    > the solution on my own
    >
    > Regards,
    > Peter

    I'm glad you found a fix. For future reference, there is a mailing list
    dedicated to your specific question, Linux-PowerEdge, found at

    http://linux.dell.com/

    under "Mailing Lists."

    Lots of fun stuff about the SC series found there.

    (Disclaimer, I used to work for Dell in the PE600SC days.)

+ Reply to Thread