ATI fglrx 8.6 no ATI GLX problem - Hardware

This is a discussion on ATI fglrx 8.6 no ATI GLX problem - Hardware ; Hello, I have ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 and fglrx Catalyst 8-6 driver. glxinfo | grep vendor says: server glx vendor string: SGI client glx vendor string: SGI OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc. should be (according to web pages on ...

  1. ATI fglrx 8.6 no ATI GLX problem

    Hello,

    I have ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 and fglrx Catalyst 8-6 driver.

    glxinfo | grep vendor
    says:
    server glx vendor string: SGI
    client glx vendor string: SGI
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.

    should be (according to web pages on net):
    server glx vendor string: SGI
    client glx vendor string: ATI
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.

    What I should do to have "client glx vendor string: ATI"?
    I suppose MESA software library was not overwritten by fglrx installer.
    I would like to know which file I should overwrite with fglrx replacement to
    have "client glx vendor string: ATI".

    xvinfo,OpenGL,2D is OK. Only glx lib was not replaced.

    BTW: I have Load "glx" in xorg.conf

    greetings,
    Zbigniew

  2. Re: ATI fglrx 8.6 no ATI GLX problem

    nikt writes:
    >I suppose MESA software library was not overwritten by fglrx installer.

    I woiuld not be so sure. I have seen proprietary-driver installers
    replace existing libraries with their own versions, and the fglrx
    installer was pretty bad in that respect. That was several years ago,
    though.

    - anton