Linksys PCM1000 PCMCIA card problem - Hardware

This is a discussion on Linksys PCM1000 PCMCIA card problem - Hardware ; Hello there, I bought a Linksys PCM1000 Gigbit card for my laptop. The card is detected by the kernel but it says: Not connected. In Windows it works fine... I'm using Debian testing branch. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks in ...

  1. Linksys PCM1000 PCMCIA card problem

    Hello there,

    I bought a Linksys PCM1000 Gigbit card for my laptop. The card is detected by the kernel but it says: Not connected. In Windows
    it works fine...

    I'm using Debian testing branch.

    Any idea what's wrong?

    Thanks in advance - Till

  2. Re: Linksys PCM1000 PCMCIA card problem

    Till Wimmer wrote in

    > Hello there,
    >
    > I bought a Linksys PCM1000 Gigbit card for my laptop. The card is
    > detected by the kernel but it says: Not connected. In Windows it works
    > fine...
    >
    > I'm using Debian testing branch.
    >
    > Any idea what's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance - Till

    When you say it's detected, you mean 'lspci' lists the device?

    You still need to install the driver (kernel module).

    -Patrick

+ Reply to Thread