Samsung ? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Samsung ? - Hardware ; Shortly buying new hdd's and cd/dvd writer and Samsung seem to get decent writeups...Any adverse comment about these ?? -- Regards Ted Wager High Peak UK Using Sidux Linux...

  1. Samsung ?

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager

  2. Re: Samsung ?

    twager wrote:

    > Shortly buying new hdd's and cd/dvd writer and Samsung seem to get
    > decent writeups...Any adverse comment about these ??

    Samsung makes good stuff. If you have your mind set on this brand, I see no
    reason as to why you shouldn't buy it. ;-)

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: Samsung ?

    twager wrote:
    > Shortly buying new hdd's and cd/dvd writer and Samsung seem to get
    > decent writeups...Any adverse comment about these ??

    Just bought a Samsung SH-S203B w/ Nero software from newegg. I am
    having some Windows-related problems. When I install the software on XP
    Pro, Control Panel hangs every time I run it. The problem disappears
    when I deinstall the software.

    Also when I write a DVD-R under XP Pro and try to read it under Linux,
    it is seen as a blank DVD. I didn't think there would be any such
    issues, but there are, so you might want to be careful--seems that you are.

+ Reply to Thread