I have a webcam which should be supported by gspca/spca5xx - kernel module.
I use ubuntu 7.10.
the module gspca is automatically loaded, and modinfo gspca yields a lot of
messages.
But when I try to get images from my webcam with camorama, I get the error
message: "could not connect to video device (/dev/video0). Please check the
connection"

As a next try, I installed easycam2 how it is described by
wiki.ubuntuusers.de. But the installation by lauchcam2 failed with the
error-message:
install -c -m 0644
spca5xx.ko /lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/media/
install: Aufruf von stat für „spca5xx.ko“ nicht möglich: No such file or
directory

what is wrong? How can I get more information to fix the error?